Re: RE Bad idea... are we thinking clearly?

Subject: Re: RE Bad idea... are we thinking clearly?
From: Richard Wallen <rgwallen -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 11:04:05 -0800

Greetings,

Just to balance the scales a bit. Not all racial implications are based
on bigotry. Due to the instability in some int'l locals, I have had
specific queries directed to me regarding my ethnic appearance. Any jobs
in the Arabian nations posted to me request that persons with prominent
Anglo appearances need not apply. This is mainly due to posted rewards
for American's in some parts of the world. Since we are basically
networking on an int'l level, I thought I would widen the girth of your
view(s).

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999 09:41:48 -0500 "Comeau, Lisa"
<Lisa -dot- Comeau -at- MOH -dot- GOV -dot- ON -dot- CA> writes:
>Maurice King said
>"If a company plans to discriminate, which is both illegal and
>disgusting, TECHWR-L should NOT be the forum for posting a job opening
for such a
>company."
>
>"It would be better if the bigots were easy to identify rather than
>to subject unsuspecting candidates to abuse."
>
>I may have missed the boat on something here (and I just got off a
>plane full of screaming children, so I'm not thinking straight
anyway...)
[...]

Richard Wallen

We're still gaining on it... a little more each day
Sharing ideas that matter... with people who care!
mailto:rgwallen -at- juno -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=