Re: Two spaces after the period -- how do I make Word accept this as normal?

Subject: Re: Two spaces after the period -- how do I make Word accept this as normal?
From: Rebecca Merck <Rebecca -dot- Merck -at- ONESOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 11:10:27 -0500

OKAY!!! Thanks everyone -- you can relax now. I've got Word back in my
evil clutches, and <maniacal laughter> it's DOING WHAT *I* SAY for a
change!

I've heard from both sides of the street on the "two spaces" issue.
Let's just say, although I've heard some assert that the "standard" has
already shifted to one space because of all of the changes in typography
between the typewriter and modern DTP, I'm hearing enough "yeah, me
too"s on the two-space front to know that the shift isn't as absolute as
those writing the "rules" -- didn't we talk about "rules" already this
morning? -- would have you believe. I continue to think that it
improves readability, and that no one is HARMED by having it except
those who really want to see the standard go to one space, who are (I
think) really just more indignant than anything else... :)

Thanks to all for the quick responses that helped me stop smashing my
head on my keyboard. Now I'll take a few minutes to pick the key-caps
out of my hair and get on with my day.

-Rebecca