Re: RE Bad idea...

Subject: Re: RE Bad idea...
From: "Comeau, Lisa" <Lisa -dot- Comeau -at- MOH -dot- GOV -dot- ON -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 10:15:34 -0500

First, I was just using relocation expenses as an example - besides, in the
case of someone moving from another country, it isn't just relocation
expenses that is an issue, but also, what about work visas/permits? The
length of time to get the person you hired into the country and legally
working?

Tracy said
So I wonder. . .what's worse? A company whose management pretends to be
fair and equal to the letter of the law, but makes certain groups feel
unwelcome once they're hired on. . .or a company that's honest up front
about their bigotries.

I still don't know what is constituting a bigotry. The fact that a company
doesn't encourage people from other countries to apply for a job, or the
fact that a company doesn't encourage someone living in another country to
apply for a job? Fine line, and the wording makes all the difference. That
was supposed to be my point, but I think I may have buried it.

-Lisa

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=