Re: CD-ROM terminology or "are we still inserting?"

Subject: Re: CD-ROM terminology or "are we still inserting?"
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 15:58:27 -0500

Hallo:

The ponderous terminology you employ might actually convey the meaning you
intend. Telling someone to insert the CD-ROM into the drive has a singular
meaning that is difficult to mis-comprehend. If your audience understands
and the meaning is crystal clear, then I believe you have won your battle.
However, I would use put.

Stay safe.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com