Re: Probably a dumb question...

Subject: Re: Probably a dumb question...
From: Michael Smith <smith -at- IO -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 23:16:40 -0600

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999 17:23:38 EST, Deborah L. Crossman
<DLCrossman -at- AOL -dot- COM> wrote:

>I have searched and can't seem to find the answer to this question: Is it
>possible to download Digests that you (for whatever silly reason) are missing
>and would like to have? I need postings from 2/18-2/21.

Via e-mail:

To get the archive file that contains the postings for 2/18-2/21,
send a message to <listserv -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu> with the line
below in the body (not the subject line) of the message.

get TECHWR-L LOG9902C

If you ever want to get an index of all the archive files that are
available by e-mail, send the following message:

index TECHWR-L

You should get a reply listing all available files. Request the file
you want using the same syntax of the "get" command above, changing
the last part to the name of the file. A message containing the
complete archive file should eventually show up in your inbox.

Via the Web/Usenet:

Since about the 18th, all techwr-l messages are now being gatewayed
to the Usenet newsgroup <bit.listserv.techwr-l>, which means you can
get to the most recent ones using a newsreader, and to both recent
and (some) past ones through DejaNews or a similar site. DejaNews's
"power search form" <http://www.dejanews.com/home_ps.shtml> will let
you search by date and by group (or "forum" as they call it on the
search form -- make sure to use <bit.listserv.techwr-l>).

Keep in mind that when searching via DejaNews, you will (mostly) be
searching only the archives of messages that have been posted since
about February 18, 1999. To search a complete archive, use either
<http://www.documentation.com/techwrit/techwrit-l.htm> or (when it's
working) <http://listserv.okstate.edu/archives/techwr-l.html>. I
don't think either will let you search by date, though.

Via FTP:

The best way to get complete archive files might be by ftp from
<ftp://listserv.okstate.edu/Archives/> -- but that server isn't
working now, so you'll need to use one of the alternatives above.

--
Michael Smith
smith -at- io -dot- com Austin, Texas

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=