jobs - Seattle, WA. area

Subject: jobs - Seattle, WA. area
From: Tameiko Davis <TameikoD -at- MPL -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 18:37:48 -0800

Meridian Partners Limited, located near Seattle, WA, is a Microsoft
Certified Solutions Provider, specializing in e-business solutions, custom
software development, commercial Internet services, consulting and project
management. We are privately held and growing at an amazing rate (300% in
the past year alone). In fact, this year we were ranked # 1 by the Puget
Sound Business Journal on their list of Fastest-Growing Companies by
Employee Growth in the state of Washington.

Meridian is always actively looking to recruit the best and the brightest
from around the world. Our employees work with clients such as Microsoft,
Intel, Ernst & Young, and Boeing as well as many smaller, cutting edge
software companies such as Punch Networks. Meridian builds development teams
that include Web Developers, Software Design Engineers, Technical/Programmer
Writers, Program/Project Managers, and Systems Analysts. With more than 150
open jobs at any given time, we hire 20 - 25 new consultants per month.

Meridian employees are full-time salaried professionals with comprehensive
benefits. Our compensation packages include medical, dental, vision and life
insurance, matching 401(K), paid vacation, sick leave and holidays. In
addition, we provide a flexible work environment, free Internet access,
ongoing training and career development, tuition reimbursement, assistance
with sponsorship and relocation, and stock options.

We offer a healthy referral bonus to anyone who recommends a candidate for
employment that Meridian hires. Here are some of our current positions that
we have available:

Programmer Writer - Write programmer documentation for a speech development
system. Outstanding technical writing skills are required. The ability to
read and write C++ code is essential. Specific knowledge of, and interest
in, several major technologies required. 5+ plus years of work related
experience would be ideal.

Programmer Writer - Responsibilities include planning, writing,
implementing, and maintaining online developer-oriented and
solutions-oriented documentation for the OLE DB and ODBC components. This
includes documenting and maintaining the OLAP reference, maintaining the
ODBC reference, and helping with the OLE DB reference material.
Qualifications include 3-5 years experience writing documentation for
programmers, including writing and analyzing sample code in C++; excellent
oral and written communication skills; reliable organizational ability;
proven problem-solving skills; demonstrated teamwork skills; and a strong
interest in software and in keeping up to date in leading-edge computer
technology. Knowledge of database fundamentals, OLE/COM and web application
development required. Must be able to work extensively at a keyboard to meet
tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and to handle multiple
assignments/projects. BA/BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
experience preferred.

Networking Writer - We are seeking a few seasoned Technical Writers to write
Network Administration guides, SDK's and technical white papers on server
technology. Experience with network operating systems required. NT Server
experience is preferred. The ideal writers will be able to work
independently as well as part of a team. A Bachelor's degree in Technical
Communications, Journalism, English or related field is required.

Networking Writer - Primary responsibilities include writing procedural,
conceptual, and reference materials in online, print or web format to
accompany a Home Networking product. Additional responsibilities include
working proactively in researching information with program
management, test and development teams; working with editors and other
writers to ensure consistency, completeness, accuracy and conformance to
style guidelines. The ability to work under deadline pressure is required.
Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Skills sought -
Qualifications include 3+ years writing experience. A thorough understanding
of Windows networking and experience installing PC hardware (such as network
cards) is required. The ideal candidate will have the ability to explain
complex processes in a very simple way. Knowledge of HTMLHelp or WinHelp
workshop, Adobe Pagemaker recommended. Ability to troubleshoot script,
ActiveX controls and HTML problems are pluses.

Senior Technical Writer - Manager of Technical Writing needed to lead a
staff of technical writers involved in projects for a variety of clients.
The writing will be for a wide range of projects, including user manuals,
Windows Help systems, and developer guides and references. The manager will
work closely with the project managers to develop first-class,
solutions-oriented documentation. The individual will assist in the
development of project budgets, help develop the overall direction for new
documentation projects, approve project outlines, and assure that the
writing fits client expectations and is appropriate for target audience(s).
Skills - The ideal candidate will have a degree in English, journalism, or
communications and experience writing and editing on a variety of
horizontal/vertical software projects. The candidate must be an exceptional
writer, skilled in developing analogies and examples. He or she must be
deadline-oriented and able to juggle a number of unrelated projects at the
same time.

Meridian's strength is the talent, expertise, and character of its
employees, who lead the industry in creating next generation software
products, applications, and Web-based solutions for the top companies in the
Northwest. Send your resume to recruiter -at- mpl -dot- net or visit us at
http://www.mpl.net and see what other great opportunities we have available!

Thanks!

Tameiko Davis
Meridian Partners Ltd.