Re: time to write question

Subject: Re: time to write question
From: David Demyan <dbdemyan -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 12:47:03 -0500

Sharon wondered: "Is this rate of work extraordinary? ...
Do you charge clients to make edits?"

One of the reasons I hesitate to take work from small firms
or entrepreneurs who have developed consumer software
is their unwillingness to pay for the extra time these projects
always involve. Ninety-five percent of my work is with big
firms, three percent is with a small firm I know and trust,
and the other two percent are mistakes I have made by
taking on small clients such as the one you now have.

Sharon, we all know that the amount of work you described
(and, if I know you, the exceptional quality of the first draft)
was way above and beyond what the client paid for. To
complain about the five hours of editing time is just his way
of saying, "Now let's see if you can get your invoice paid."

One final thing: If the client withholds payment (all of the
warning signs are there), then you should withhold the final
delivery.

Best of luck in this unhappy quest.

Dave.

--
David B. Demyan dbd -at- mendem -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=