Capitalization from GUI

Subject: Capitalization from GUI
From: Peterson Karen <Peterson_Karen -at- PRC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 16:32:57 -0500

Fellow Techwhirlers,

I write end-user documentation for UNIX database segments. In several
segments, the GUI designers used all caps for things like window titles,
buttons, and check boxes. I am told that, for various reasons, the GUI can't
be changed.

My question is this: how should I capitalize things in the documents? My
best solution is to always use title caps. Does anyone know if this will
confuse the user? Is this the best solution? We don't do in-depth user
testing here... I need a concrete rule to put in our style guide.

Thanks so much for your help, as always,
Karen

Incredibly hilarious web site:
http://www.hamsterdance.com/
(Watch out: it has Java and audio stuff.)

Karen Peterson
Peterson_Karen -at- prc -dot- com
610.260.2644

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=