Re: printing Word outlines without body text?

Subject: Re: printing Word outlines without body text?
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- BROWN-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 08:41:49 -0800

Benzi Schreiber wrote:

> Can someone please tell me how to print an outline in Word 97, without
> printing the body text? For some reason, when I view the docs in
> Outline view I see only the levels I select; but when I print the
> outlines I also get body text!

I think that's how it's supposed to work. Remember, Outline View is
just that: a view, like Normal View. You wouldn't expect to get
different output by printing in Normal View, or with text boundaries
showing, for example.

Instead, insert a table of contents--try the {TOC \n\o} field--and print
that. You can update it whenever your document changes, and format the
TOC levels independently of the original paragraph styles.

--David

David M. Brown - Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com

N O W A V A I L A B L E ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

Try HTML Indexer, the easiest way to create and maintain real
back-of-the-book indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=