Microsoft clip art and royalties

Subject: Microsoft clip art and royalties
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 08:31:46 -0600

Does anybody know whether you can freely use Microsoft's clip art (for
example, the graphics that come with Publisher or Word) in a product
that will be sold, or if you must pay royalties? This may sound like a
silly question, but we've found many clip art packages have use
restrictions. We can't find an answer on the product package or the MS
website, and are waiting on a reply to an e-mail request for info, but
in the meanwhile I thought someone here might have already been there
and done that.

Thanks
Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Curriculum & Instructional Materials Center
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=