Re: Word--AAUGH!

Subject: Re: Word--AAUGH!
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- SIMPLYWRITTEN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 18:07:33 -0500

>Try turning on "show hidden characters" to locate the little y characters.
>Sometimes word will rearrange your margins to hide them though. So good
>luck. If you cannot locate or delete these precious little "y" characters,
>or if the document starts refusing to open after a couple of attempts at
>copying some of the pages (inevitable I'm afraid), then you must follow
>Microsoft's sage advice and "save as" to text. You will then be forced to
>redo all the formatting in Word (or Frame if you want to avoid EVER having
>to face this again).

To this, I'd add that if you can get the doc to open in Word at all, try
saving it as an RTF. You'll keep your formatting intact and the funky Y
characters may disappear. Or they may not. They're often unwelcome visitors
into my headers and footers.

Tim Altom
Adobe Certified Expert, Acrobat
Simply Written, Inc.
The FrameMaker support people
Ask about Clustar Method training and consulting
317.899.5882
http://www.simplywritten.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=