Re: Camera Ready for Printing

Subject: Re: Camera Ready for Printing
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 09:21:53 -0500

Hallo:

Your post does not contain enough information. While I have used Word as a
publishing tool before, I recommend against it based on the amount of
trouble and lack of pre-press options in the software.

You say you are making camera-readies but do not say what you are using to
do so. Have you ever considered creating a PS printfile, instead.

There are way too many variables to troubleshoot this issue, but Photoshop
is a recognized standard for creating and publishing bitmapped images; you
should be good to go with Photoshop.

I recommend you do the following: contact several service bureaus and see
what they would like you to provide so they can process your print job. You
might need to modify your process to get the job done well.

Good luck.

Sean Brierley
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

>>>From: Sylvia Braunstein [mailto:sbraun -at- RUGGED -dot- COM]
>>>Subject: Camera Ready for Printing
>>>

>>>Our company wants to print out our brochures with high
>>>quality graphics
>>>and text.
>>>So far, we have been using Photoshop for our graphics and Word97/Pdfs
>>>but we are not satisfied with the results.
>>>We are looking for an excellent application that will allow
>>>us to create
>>>brochures (including import the ones we already have in
>>>Word) and get
>>>them camera ready.
>>>I have heard of Freehand and PageMaker.
>>>Can anybody help me understand the advantages and
>>>inconvenients of these
>>>applications.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=