Recommended Graphic Packages: Need opinions on use of colors on W eb sites

Subject: Recommended Graphic Packages: Need opinions on use of colors on W eb sites
From: "Nurre, Vickie" <VNurre -at- AEGONUSA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 17:03:36 -0600

I know I have asked this before, but could not find the thread in the
archives. At one point, I needed to know a recommended graphics editor. It
seemed to me that Paint Shop Pro was the most commonly recommended package,
but I would like to know some others to research and compare. So If you have
a recommendation, please send it my way.

Another issue I would like to get some view points on - I am working on
setting up an Intranet site for my department. We have chosen to use a blue
that is not one of the basic 16 colors. The technician I'm working with is
recommending that we use one of the basic 16 colors for those people with
monitors that only support the 16 colors. Apparently, on one of these
monitors we get a textured patch work affect. Is it generally recommended to
only use the basic 16 colors on Web sites? Also, is it a guideline to design
the pages for 600 by 800 pixels? Thanks again for any recommendations and
advice you can pass my way.

Vickie, vnurre -at- aegonusa -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=