Re: What's wrong with "too"?

Subject: Re: What's wrong with "too"?
From: Lauren Merritt <laurenm -at- ISE-TLX -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:16:03 -0700

I've checked the style guides I use, and none makes any distinction between "also" and "too." My dictionary gives each as a synonym of the other, so that tells me I can use them interchangeably.

When I'm choosing between the two, I guess I tend to use "also" when I'm working for a more formal tone. It's arguable whether there is much difference, though, even in terms of tone.

I say you can feel free to use "too." Thank the reviewer for the suggestion and then choose not to apply it.

Lauren Merritt
Technical Writer
Integrated Systems Engineering

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000