What is a Technical Specifications document?

Subject: What is a Technical Specifications document?
From: "Parker, Cassandra M. (EXCH)" <CMPARKER -at- INTERMEDIA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:03:31 -0500

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find out how to write a Technical Specifications document.

Is it usually written by a Tech Writer or the Programmer of an application?
There is a little debate about this subject in my immediate department.

I welcome your views and comments.

Thanks,
Cassandra Parker
Information Services - Tampa, FL