Re: JOB POSTINGS

Subject: Re: JOB POSTINGS
From: Maurice King <benadam -at- CYBERDUDE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 00:12:36 -0500

What I read in the original request was, in my opinion, quite reasonable. For those of us who receive TECHWR-L in digest format and have limited time, this request makes even more sense. I know that if I see the words "job posting," I'll run a search for the topic to see if it is appropriate. I do the same for any topic that is immediately relevant to me. It's not that I don't want to read the other postings on the list; it's just that I rarely have as much time as I would like to read them all in detail. I think this was the reason for the request: to make it easier for those persons who are job shopping to find what they want, not to criticize anybody for posting jobs. Just having a standard identifier for a job posting could make life easier for those persons in this category.

Now comes the next problem: how to get everybody to implement one standard without placing an excessive burden on the list managers, who would have to edit all job postings that did not conform to the standard. That, I fear, is asking far too much. However, there might be some way that job postings could be submitted via an online form so as to create a standardized format; again, the question is who would manage such a project.

Again, it's just a suggestion, but one made in the hopes of making it easier for job shoppers.

- Maury

Get free personalized email at http://geocities.iname.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=