Re: Green Grass story:happy even in my semi-cubicle

Subject: Re: Green Grass story:happy even in my semi-cubicle
From: Gerry Bourguignon <GBourgui -at- LAVASYS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 15:56:44 -0500

> William Grega, Jr. asked for good green grass stories. Someone else was
> bragging about his office space (while someone else was jealous).

With one exception, I have always been given a cubicle of one form or
another in my ~5 years in the field. The one exception was when I left to
"seek greener grasses" in the tech pubs department of a large corporation
(one year ago now). There the supervisors had cubicles while the rest of us
shared areas that were partitioned off, each containing 4 desks. While the
layout of the office was not high on my list of reasons for leaving, I would
have to say that, given the choice, I would prefer a cubicle.

At any rate, I was fortunate enough to have the option of returning to my
previous job, so that's what I did. We currently occupy two floors in an
office tower complex, but a recent acquisition and downsizing will see us
moving to a smaller building in the suburbs within a few weeks. But the
cubicles will remain, I'm sure.

Have a happy weekend.
--
Gerry Bourguignon