Re: FWD: Meatball Tech Writing

Subject: Re: FWD: Meatball Tech Writing
From: "William Grega, Jr." <WGrega -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 22:48:14 -0500

This thread could not have come at a better time. I am currently juggling 3
projects in a department that has been *cut back*. Did I mention that all 3
deadlines fall on the same day?

We want to produce error-free, beautiful documents polished to perfection.
In reality, one project will be near-perfect. The second project is being
"spec'ed" and enhanced right up to the release date; we'll likely miss
making a few crucial connections there. The last project is a 200-page
monster that the Product Manager forget to tell documentation he would
need...until three weeks before it was needed. That one could be funky;
we'll just write until they rip it out of our hands.

It's great to think you can cut-and-run to the TechWriting Nirvana Company.
Reading the job descriptions of companies looking for techwriters always
gives me hope; they sound so focused, so together. But, aren't the same
challenges lurking? The devil I know, ya know?

The perceived grass always seems greener.. Anybody got any good green grass
stories?

Will Grega
let's see today I'm an...
Information Developer And Designer