Re: USA Today article demands printed documentation

Subject: Re: USA Today article demands printed documentation
From: Garret Romaine <garret -dot- h -dot- romaine -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 13:34:12 -0800

Keep in mind that the products the USA writer is demanding print
documentation for are end-user types of hardware mostly, sold at Fry's or
it's equivalent.

The situation the writer described where the monitor had to be replaced in
order to review the online information is pretty extreme, but seems to
underline the obvious -- you have to have some kind of troubleshooting or
emergency/survival guide on paper.

I had no intention of starting a fight here; rather, McPaper offered up
something of interest to our profession and I thought I'd share it. Take it
for what it's worth...

Garret Romaine
garret -dot- h -dot- romaine -at- tek -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=