Re: Loss of job through injury

Subject: Re: Loss of job through injury
From: jarnopol <jarnopol -at- INTERACCESS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 04:33:15 -0600

6 years ago tomorrow, I fell on the ice in the parking lot outside the
building I was working in and broke my left wrist in 4 separate places. After
8 weeks in a cast, I had to have median release surgery. Two weeks after I
returned to work, I was laid off. Yes, the company was failing anyway, and 3
other people were laid off at the same time, but I took it hard, especially
since i had to drive 37 miles one way to get to the office, and I did that
with a fingertip to elbow cast for most of the winter. But, having to work
like a demon to get a release out while I was still casted caused more
problems with my hand. It took over 4 years and 3 more surgeries to get my
hand working correctly again.

My advice? Make sure you are covered by a comprehensive insurance policy and
don't dick around with any old orthopod - consult the best hand surgeon you
can. Also. "Natural" keyboards, i.e. split, DO make a difference.

Hope this helps

jarnopol -at- interaccess -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=