Re: User-centered design

Subject: Re: User-centered design
From: Jacque Foreman <foremangraphics -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 19:10:29 -0800

My most memorable encounter with what I believe you are calling
"User-centered design" is when I was handed a remake of an antique
gumball machine in pieces and asked to illustrate and write the
directions for putting it together. I was also to illustrate the tools it
took to complete assembly. I was also loaned one that was put together so
I would know what it was supposed to look like when assembled.

After putting it together and writing and illustrating the instructions,
I took one boxed unassembled one to a 10-yr old boy and one to an adult
woman I knew and told them that they could keep the gumball machines
after assembly, but they had to tell me what if anything I had missed in
the instructions.

The manufacturer sold them for some years, I still have one in a cabinet
somewhere. It was also good for jelly beans. It was a fun project.

Happiness, joy & laughter to all

Jacque - Graphic Designer / Typesetter - Making Your Business
Easier since 1972 - Pen & Ink Renderings of homes & Bldgs.
& portraits from photos, Brochures, Ads, Flyers, Packaging, Business
Forms, Manuscripts, etc. - email: foremangraphics -at- juno -dot- com
Rendering Samples: http://www.abacus-es.com/foreman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=