Tech Writer Opening (Norcross GA)

Subject: Tech Writer Opening (Norcross GA)
From: David Marcus <dmarcus -at- GMTCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 07:55:50 -0500

Global Management Technologies is looking for an outstanding and
high-energy writer to create end-user documentation and help systems
for complex Windows applications. You will have full (but supervised
and somewhat assisted) responsibility for producing high-quality
documentation. This includes determination of what information to
deliver in print, as on-line help, and in other ways. You will have the
opportunity to review user interfaces so that we can make them easier
to understand (and document). We are a small software company
whose products provide (a) workload forecasting and employee
scheduling for banks, call centers and other industries and (b) cash
demand forecasting and cash balance optimization for banks. We
provide excellent hardware and tools, an informal, flexible,
anti-bureaucratic environment, competitive salary, and excellent
benefits.

You must be able to learn software quickly and maintain a high level of
productivity in an unstructured environment, have flexibility, and have
the ability to assimilate critical input and use it to improve your
product. Your experience must include responsibility for the creation
and production of one or more significant projects and you must be
committed to having fun by producing outstanding software.
(Technology, integrity, excellence and fun are inter-related parts of
our lives.) You must be able to show us one printed and/or one on-line
work sample of a substantial nature (but you do not have to submit this
with your resume). The sample must demonstrate excellent clarity,
completeness, concreteness, consistency, organization and
retrievability of information, good writing style, task orientation and
visual effectiveness. you must be able to discuss these points in an
interview. These elements, in addition to accuracy, are what we
require in our documentation and on-line help.

Applicants we like will be required to take a skill test.

Required Skills:
3+ years writing user-oriented documentation and help systems.
Proficiency in FrameMaker.
Knowledge of RoboHelp or RoboHTML.

Desired Skills:
Able to leap tall buildings.

Start Date:
Immediate.

Pay Rate:
Depends on individual.

Benefits:
Health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, disability
insurance, paid vacation, paid sick leave, 401(k), bonus, tuition
re-imbursement, exercise/game room, flex-time.

Contact:
Cherie Imam, Director of Human Resources
2831 Peterson Place
Norcross, GA 30071
FAX: 770-734-9000
E-mail : HR -at- gmtcorp -dot- com