Re: Numbering in FrameMaker

Subject: Re: Numbering in FrameMaker
From: Elna Tymes <etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 08:47:34 -0800

Etain Breatnach wrote:

> Does anyone know how to stop the sequential numbering in FrameMaker 5.5?
> For instance, I have 2 lists on my page of 4 items each. I want to
> number the 2nd list 1-4 as well as the frst, but Framemaker insists on
> making it 5-8. Does anyone know a way around this?

Yup. In most templates, there's a style called something like NumberedList,
and another style called NumberedList1. NumberedList will continue the step
numbering from the last use of it - even back several pages. UNLESS you make
the first step in this list NumberedList1, which then causes NumberedList to
number steps after 1.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=