No users!

Subject: No users!
From: "Parks, Beverly" <ParksB -at- EMH1 -dot- HQISEC -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 08:42:18 -0700

This is one of those silly questions, but I'm going to ask it anyway. The
decision has already been made to no longer refer to the users of our
software as "users"; now they are "clients". OK. So I'm updating the
manual and in the process changing users to clients. No problem. But then it
hits me: the manual is titled "CIS Users Guide". To me, "CIS Clients Guide"
sounds not only arrogant, but a wee bit stupid, too. Someone suggested "CIS
Operations Guide", but that sounds like a flashback to mainframe days. The
very simple "CIS Guide" doesn't seem to say enough.

The software and documentation are internal products, so there are no
marketing concerns. There's also no hardcopy manual, it's all web-based. Any
suggestions? Reply directly so as not to clog the list with stuff that's of
interest only to me. :)

"CIS Instruction Manual" just popped into my head as I was re-reading this
before sending. That may be the obvious solution, but I'd still like to hear
other suggestions if you have them. Another one (why didn't these come to me
yesterday?) that just came to me is "CIS Procedures Guide", which I like
better than Instruction Manual. I think.

Thanks.

Bev Parks
parksb -at- emh1 -dot- hqisec -dot- army -dot- mil

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=