Re: User-centered design

Subject: Re: User-centered design
From: Carma C Allen <ccallen -at- BECKMAN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 16:38:19 -0800

In our previous episode, Susan W. Gallagher said:
> At 01:21 PM 2/8/99 -0500, you wrote:
> >There's a wonderful book titled "The Design of Everyday Things"...
> >I can't tell you the author's name...

then other people said other things, revealing that the author of said
wonderful book was also the creator of Lotus Notes, to which Beth Friedman
said:

>Good god. The same person wrote _The Design of Everyday Things_ and
>created Lotus Notes? I guess that's ipso facto proof that certain
>insights don't translate well from the real world to computers.

Which pretty much summed up my reaction. If Lotus Notes was designed with
the user in mind, whoever could the user have been?

Carma
ccallen -at- beckman -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=