Re: resumes and cover letters

Subject: Re: resumes and cover letters
From: Katav <katav -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 09:17:06 -0800

When it is a sellers' market (demand for us is greater than our
quantity), more companies seem willing to acknowledge a resume - even
if only with a pre-printed TNT* postcard - than when it is a buyers'
market. Maybe the idea is "we may need this person in the future, so
be nice."

It also seems that /electronically submitted**/ resumes are less
likely to generate an acknowledgement than paper/snail mail vitas,
REGARDLESS of the job market.

I agree it is bad form for potential employers to ignore applicants
PARTICULARLY after a face-to-face (or even telephone) interview;
likewise, if the applicant elects to terminate the process, a
communication of some sort is appropriate from the applicant. (Walking
out in the middle of an interview saying 'This interview is over' is
as effective, but may to shut the door to future opportunities when
management changes.)

* TNT: Thanks (but) No Thanks (rejection)
** Includes email, fax, and refers to URLs

---Erin Kampf <ekampf -at- YAHOO -dot- COM> wrote:

> However, I think it is downright rude when you have actually
> interviewed for a position, and despite repeated phone inquiries, you
> never hear anything back from the employer. You just have to assume
> you didn't get the position.

==
Katav ( katav -at- yahoo -dot- com )
''Despise not any person and do not deem anything unworthy
of consideration, for there is no person without his hour,
and no thing without its place'' {Ben Azzai [Avot 4:2]}

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=