Re: If there is such a shortage of good tech writers...

Subject: Re: If there is such a shortage of good tech writers...
From: Pat Anderson <panders -at- AW -dot- SGI -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 15:42:31 -0500

>From: "Donald R. Stovicek" <usadad -at- raex -dot- com>
>Excellent question, Dick.

(snip)

>Now, unless a product is in
>the development stage and requires some hands-on interaction, I see no reason
>for a tech writer to be on location.

(snip)

That's the reason right there, in the case of software development -- I
haven't worked for a company that didn't want the software to go out as
soon as it was ready, which means simultaneous development of documentation
and software. This usually requires hands-on interaction with the software,
and a significant amount of face time with the SMEs.

...pat.

Pat Anderson
Documentation manager
panders -at- aw -dot- sgi -dot- com