Re: How do you respond to job ads?

Subject: Re: How do you respond to job ads?
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 16:55:16 -0800

At 11:05 AM 2/3/99 , Susan W. Gallagher wrote:
><snip>
>Salary history? No, I won't give you that up front, but if you
>ask me in person or over the phone, I'll be open enough to tell
>you -- but then, if you have to ask, you probably can't afford
>me! ;-)
>

>-Sue Gallagher http://pw1.netcom.com/~gscale/susanwg/
>sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com http://www.expersoft.com

Sue's point is a good one. I don't send a salary history because I feel it
isn't important. What is important is whether you (the prospective
employer) and I can agree on what the salary will be. My contracts with
previous employers were with those employers. I negotiate a new contract
with each new employer.

Marilynne
Marilynne Smith marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com
Sr. Technical Writer (619) 651-6664
QUALCOMM "We'll have the whole world talking"

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=