Re: Too much or too little?

Subject: Re: Too much or too little?
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 13:03:23 -0800

At 07:13 AM 2/4/99 PST, Linnea Dodson wrote:
>... My assumptions section
>includes the statement "this document assumes the reader is familiar
>with finding specific directories and files using Windows Explorer."
>
>Later in the document, I have the instructions:
>1) Open Windows Explorer
>2) Double-click c:\directory1\directory2\filename
>
>Is this enough, or do you think I should break it down further into:
>1) Open Windows Explorer
>2) In Explorer, open c
>3) Open directory1
>4) Open directory2
>3) Double-click filename

As a user, option #2 would drive me bonkers! Option #1 seems fine.
But if you have any doubts, there's a middle ground. How about:

1) Open Windows Explorer
2) Browse the directory tree to c:\directory1\directory2
3) Double-click on filename

HTH!

-Sue Gallagher http://pw1.netcom.com/~gscale/susanwg/
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com http://www.expersoft.com

The _Guide_ is definitive.
Reality is frequently inaccurate. --Douglas Adams

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=