Re: Books on technical editing

Subject: Re: Books on technical editing
From: Kirstin Mercer <kirstin -at- CYBERCASH -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 10:36:56 -0500

Howard Kaikow wrote:
----------
Which of the following is the "better" book?

What are the differences 'tween them?

Technical Editing: THe Practical Guide for Editors and Writers by Judith
Tarutz

Technical Editing by Carolyn Rude
----------
I don't have any experience with the Carolyn Rude book, but I would recommend
the Tarutz book. I find that I use it a lot as a reference for myself and as a
teaching reference, especially the chapter on the 100 most common errors.

Weird though it may seem, I actually read this book cover to cover a few years
ago... an enjoyed it!

I would also recommend taking a class/seminar from Judith if you ever have the
opportunity.

--Kirstin Mercer
Sr. Technical Editor
CyberCash, Inc.