Re: Documentation distribution policy

Subject: Re: Documentation distribution policy
From: Dianne Walsh <Dianne -dot- Walsh -at- MEDECISION -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 16:26:20 -0500

Gilda,

Your situation sounds exactly like mine--and oddly enough, we're having a
meeting tomorrow afternoon to discuss exactly what wording should be in the
contract. Our policy right now is to provide two sets of our larger manuals
to each client site and then each user gets one copy each of two smaller
booklets (Getting Started and How Do I...?) plus a quick reference card.
Clients may purchase extra copies with the price varying with the size of
the manual.

I was asked some time ago to write up a "formal" explanation of the policy,
including pricing, for our contracts, but it never made it into the
contracts due to management and organizational changes (or at least I never
heard that it was put in). Now we're having a meeting about it, so I'm
hoping we'll finally get it all straightened out and we'll have the pricing
included. Our customers need to know what they'll be charged for and what
they're entitled to " for free."

If you're interested, I'll let you know the results of tomorrow's meeting
without posting the specifics, of course.

Dianne Walsh

<All the usual disclaimer stuff....>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=