Re: Using portions of screen shots

Subject: Re: Using portions of screen shots
From: Jason Wynia <jwynia -at- AGRIS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 14:30:55 -0600

> does in the FrameMaker User's Guide; they use a nifty ripped
> edge effect.
> I'm still not sure where to get the tool or plug-in that does
> that, but I
> assume it must have been done in Photoshop.
>
> If anyone else knows how they did that, please let us know!

Well, I don't know how they did it, but I do know how you could do it. If
you take a piece of paper and rip it in the type of edge you'd like, then
scan it, you'll have a ragged source. In Photoshop, you can define that
edge and either the background or the foreground as a channel and select
that channel on the screenshot and delete the extra bits. Sorry if that
doesn't make sense. I just spit it out. If you need more information or
more detail, I can probably write it up in a more suitable format.

J Wynia

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=