A lighter shade of pale

Subject: A lighter shade of pale
From: Susan Purcell <spurcell -at- CISCO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 14:50:16 -0800

I'm making diagrams in FrameMaker (sigh) and am having a couple of
problems. Recommendations would be appreciated.

In one diagram, I was trying to indicate that some boxes were the same (to
show how two processes share part of their address space). I tried filling
them with different patterns (diagonal lines, crosshatch), which looked OK
on the screen, but printed as almost the same shade of solid gray on the
printer. Is there a way to get the printer to look like the screen, or is
there a better way to solve the problem?

Also, when I have text in a filled box, is there a way to have a background
for the text? So far, I have to create a rectangle behind the text in
order to get the letters to stand out.

Thanks,
Susan

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=