Re: Employers' Mistaken Job Requirements

Subject: Re: Employers' Mistaken Job Requirements
From: Elizabeth Vollbach <bethvollbach -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 13:35:30 -0800

Mathew Horn wrote:

"Seriously, there are significant costs involved in hiring someone who
has
never used the DTP tools that your doc department uses. "

That's true for contractors, not for permanent employees.

And:
"I don't care if everyone else said they learned Framemaker in a week,
it
took me months to get where I am (and I am still learning)."

Do you know how to type? Then I can't believe you couldn't use
FrameMaker within a week. When I said I learned to use it in a week, I
sure didn't mean I learned everything there is to know about it. Since
you're still learning, if a prospective employer told you you'd have to
do something with FrameMaker that you had never done before, would it be
a good decision if the employer decided that you couldn't do the job?
Beth

--
http://www.evansplumbing.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=