Job Posting: Richmond, VA

Subject: Job Posting: Richmond, VA
From: Melissa Lowery <melissa -dot- lowery -at- CAPITALONE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 16:04:38 -0500

Our technical publications team is currently looking to add new
members. Please send your resume to the contact person noted at the
end of the posting (not to me!) I will be glad to answer any questions
about the posting, our department, or our team. For general
information about Capital One, check out our web site at
<www.capitalone.com>.

A Technical Publications team within the Information Technology
Department of Capital One Financial Services has immediate openings
for experienced technical writers in Richmond, Virginia. This is a
great opportunity to join a fast-growing company that ranked in the
top half of Fortune magazine's second annual list of "100 Best
Companies to Work for in America." Capital One's innovative use of
information technology fuels its worldwide expansion and its
diversification of services.

Join a well-rounded Technical Publications team that uses current best
practices to produce usable, technically accurate, and well-written
publications. We develop internal technical documentation describing
Capital One's telephony and middleware architecture for technical
analysts, developers, and systems support staff. We publish
information in various media for every phase of the system development
life cycle--including functional design specifications, operation and
administration guides, and troubleshooting guides. We are looking for
additional team members who will bring their professional commitment,
flexibility, and sense of humor to our team.

***************Requirements***************
Our new team members must have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Technical Communication, English, or a
related field.
- Three or more years of technical writing experience.
- A fundamental understanding of client/server technology.

Our new team members must be able to:
- Demonstrate excellent writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrate advanced Microsoft Word skills.
- Receive constructive feedback from peers and apply it to
documentation projects.
- Evaluate documentation requirements.
- Select the appropriate media for documentation projects.
- Work well with developers and technical staff.
- Translate technical concepts into plain English.
- Apply information design and usability principles to all
documentation projects.

***************Optional Experience***************
We would like to find team members who also have:
- Worked with Macromedia Dreamweaver and Adobe Acrobat Exchange.
- Worked extensively with desktop publishing tools.
- Participated in every aspect of web site development or have
start-up web site experience.
- Created flow charts and other information graphics.
- Created online help systems.

Among the factors that differentiate Capital One from other employers
are outstanding benefits such as performance-based salary and bonus
packages, generous company 401(k) plan contributions, an employee
stock purchase plan, three weeks of vacation during the first year of
employment, excellent medical and dental coverage, educational
assistance, help locating and paying for child and elder care, and a
wide range of company-sponsored community service opportunities.

Please submit your resume to:
Mark Fignar
Capital One, Human Resources Department
Fax: (804) 967-1483
E-mail: mark -dot- fignar -at- capitalone -dot- com (Please use "Resume" as your
subject line. Please submit your resume as ASCII text in the message
body, not as an e-mail attachment.)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=