Re: stopping photocopying, take II

Subject: Re: stopping photocopying, take II
From: Shawn Wilson <shawn -dot- wilson -at- IDSNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 09:46:32 -0800

From: Paul Branchaud <paul -at- ZKS -dot- NET <mailto:paul -at- ZKS -dot- NET> >

>I was informed a few years ago that a major coffee company (which will
>remain unnamed) printed their procedures and recipes on a special paper
>stock. This stock, when photocopied, printed a special code that identified
>which store had released the proprietary documents. Although this does not
>prevent photocopying, it does help to identify the source of your "leaks".
>believe that cheques can carry security features that prevent or deter
>photocopying. Of course, speciality papers will cost more...

I wonder if there's a way to write the invisible text so that when printed,
you see not a "special code" but some page-covering pattern that makes the
regular text illegible?

I also wonder if the documents you want to protect can be bound in such a
way that they won't rest flat on a copier/scanner bed.

From: Steven Jong <SteveFJong -at- AOL -dot- COM <mailto:SteveFJong -at- AOL -dot- COM
<mailto:SteveFJong -at- AOL -dot- COM> > >
Subject: Invisible ink?

>We develop some products to combat cell-phone fraud. We would like to keep
>some of the information out of the hands of professional frauds, and it
struck
>me that if we could restrict photocopying of draft documents, that might
help.

Can you give us a little more information about who has access to the
documents and how they're distributed? How do you suspect they'd get out of
the office?

Shawn Wilson
Technical Writer
Integrated Decision Systems