Autonumbering and Tabs in Frame

Subject: Autonumbering and Tabs in Frame
From: Philomena Hoopes <PHILA -at- MAIL -dot- VIPS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 16:19:27 -0500

This is a borderline question from a newcomer, but I'd appreciate any help
you can offer, by e-mail or otherwise.

We're converting our very heavily formatted Word master documents to
FrameMaker 5.5.6. So far, the process seems to be working (though I will say
it's been an education!). I'm having no success, however, in defining a
stable paragraph format for auto-numbered and bulleted lists in the
template. I've set up tabs between the bullets (or numbers) and the
following text, defined the tab position, and Updated All, but the tabs
simply do not show up in the formatted text unless I manually enter them.
Not a pleasant thought!

Searching the Frame documentation and Adobe website has yielded no clues;
neither did the Techwr-L archive...has anyone else run into this problem,
and if so, how did you solve it?

Many thanks!
Philomena Hoopes
Phila -at- vips -dot- com <mailto:Phila -at- vips -dot- com>

"Everything should be as simple as it is...but no simpler." - A. Einstein

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=