Re: Re[2]: Front Page Fussy

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Front Page Fussy
From: John Nesbit <janesbit -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 10:46:14 PST

At 1:48 PM -0800 1/13/99, John Gilger wrote:
>I hate to be a curmudgeon here, but....
>
>What is the point about all of this malarkey about Front Page? We all
>use different tools for different tasks. What difference does it
make...
As far as FrontPage is concerned, I will say that I have yet to see a
web
page that is of good quality by my standards. My belief is that the tool
itself is flawed at a basic level - not only in implementation but in
design philosophy. ...

That FP is flawed is an understatement.
After wasting many hours of cleaning up the garbage code it creates and
fighting with its stubborness and inflexibility, I was afraid that my
supervisors would continue to handicap us by staying with the program.
After all, the software had been bought.
I could show them how Dreamweaver was far superior in so many ways, and
would save tons of man-hours...but it still didn't look like they would
budge...
until...
One BIG advantage Dreamweaver has marketwise, when you're attempting to
appeal to a wider audience. Front Page only looks adequate with the IE
browser while Dreamweaver adjusts to both Netscape and IE.
So, I am now celebrating...the workplace will soon trash FP and we'll
get to use a superior product instead.
John

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=