Re: Creating Catalogs on Excel

Subject: Re: Creating Catalogs on Excel
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 21:56:40 +0100

Alecia,

I think that this could be done in Excel, but may I suggest to seriously
look at a database tool for what you intend to do. Even a simple tool like
Filemaker would do it way better ... and for searching text, Filemaker is
_very_ fast.

A database tool can be set up to make it easier to enter the data, as you
can set it up to display the entry screen for _one single_ article. This
causes less distraction by other items.

Hope, this can help.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering
Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch
WWW: http://www.prodok.ch/prodok

Bridging the Knowledge Gap

______________________

>I'm creating a library/index for the marketing magazines at my company.
>The magazines are used for marketing research. I was wondering if any of
>you have any experience creating something like this in Excel 97. What
>we need is a database that includes a list of the title, issue, and a
>brief summary of the significant articles of each magazine.
>
>What is the best way to approach this kind of indexing as well as make
>it easy to access for the employees when they want to find a magazine
>article, using Excel 97?
>
>Thank you,
>Alecia Lee

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=