Re: ADMIN: Me or I

Subject: Re: ADMIN: Me or I
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 15:23:53 -0500

Hallo:

I am still struggling with the "what to post and what not to post"
thing. I've violated it a couple of times, myself, by accident ;?(.

When I saw the original post on "me versus I," I interpreted the post as
a question about the role of the technical writing professional in
protecting the language and adhering to *somebody's* standards on
grammar. In this light, I thought the issue was pertinent and responded
to it.

However, taken as a simple discussion over predicate adjectives,
subjects versus objects, etc. (which was not how I responded), then the
ADMIN has an excellent point.

Is it okay to pose a question to the group about what can be posted??

In any event, I'm glad we have what seems to be a fair and diligent
moderator.

Sean
>>>All,
>>>Please review the posting rules. Specifically:
>>>
>>> * Do not directly attack anyone for anything on the list.
>>> Take issue with ideas, not personalities, and do
>>> NOT point out grammatical, spelling, or usage errors.
>>> This forum is not the place to exercise editorial
>>> frustration.
>>> * If it relates to _language use_ but not technical
>>> communication, it probably isn't appropriate.
>>> Don't post it.
>>>
>>>Thanks!
>>>Eric

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=