Fwd: Re: Me or I?

Subject: Fwd: Re: Me or I?
From: Laurel Gilbert <Laurel -at- NICHE-ASSOCIATES -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 12:55:01 -0700

Forwarded, sorry.

The sentence should read "It's just me." Me is the object of the sentence. When the personal pronoun is an object of the verb (or in a phrase modifiying the object of the verb), the word "me" should be used, and not "I".

You don't say "he gave the book to I," you say "he gave the book to me." Don't say "it scared I," it's "it scared me."

Therefore, in "it's just me," "me" is the object of the verb "is" and should be me.

Yeah, I'm a grammar geek.

Laurel

Laurel Gilbert, associate writer/editor
laurel -at- niche-associates -dot- com