I don't take goats! (was mushroom engineering)

Subject: I don't take goats! (was mushroom engineering)
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 17:23:08 -0800

Been following this thread for a couple days now, and since no one has
said this, I will:

I NEVER volunteer to "take goats" (lambs, or otherwise) for ANY farm
project I have attended!
Even when the Project Lead has asked for volunteers and some eyes fall
on the "non-livestock type".

Perhaps it's because I've been around this business so long, but I've
had to fight the "glorified bovine" bias for a long time (please, no
flames, I respect and admire cows, sheep, and all forms of livestock.)

Again, sorry, but I don't chew my cud and I don't have four stomachs
either!

Billy Hoof
USDA

Just being irreverent.

I agree to a point with the originator of this thread. I hate it too
when some doofus manager looks at me like I was his Girl Friday. But,
there is something to be said for being a team player.

Nevertheless, I think taking notes is fine. It allows me to control
the ideas that get preserved and the stupid ones that get forgotten.
In many ways, note taking is a position of immense authority.

No goats, sheep, cows, or egos were harmed in the writing of this
message.

Andrew Plato

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=