Documenting an associated product

Subject: Documenting an associated product
From: Adam ROBERTS <aroberts -at- RINGROSA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 10:21:19 +0100

My company has produced a database management system which uses, as an
additional feature, a database query program. This program was produced by
another company and has been licenced to us. What I would like to know is to
what extent I can document this program. My company doesn't seem to have any
documentation for this product, and I would like just to mention in my doc
how to open this program, what it looks like, what tasks you can achieve
with it, and the basic functioning of the toolbar. Is this legal, or will I
face potential legal problems? What am I able to mention in my doc about
this program with no fear of reprisals?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=