Re: Peter Taylor's thread:

Subject: Re: Peter Taylor's thread:
From: Peter Taylor <sector_five -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 09:30:19 PST

>Peter wrote:
>
>"What would you do if it it was 3:00, you had a deadline at 3:30, and
>you had just added some new functions to the reference section and you
>couldn't verify their accuracy because the developer responsible had
>gone home. What would you do within that half hour to ensure the the
>document was accurate?"
>
>The interviewee gave me a wry smile and casually responded, "well,
being
>a big believer in the power of positive thought, I'd visualize
success."

>Well Peter, I would like to know what you consider to be the CORRECT
answer.

The interviewee was interviewing for a job with a title of
"programmer/writer". He knew he had access to the source code. The
correct (at least in my mind) answer is to go into the source files
yourself and verify the accuracy yourself. If you were really on it, you
might say that you'd throw the code in question into a skeleton
application to verify parameters and return values are accurate. This
would be even quicker because Visual C++ will report errors if you use
parameters which don't match the function prototypes in the header
files.

I just wanted to see if the applicant had the ability to work
independently and meet a deadline.

Peter Taylor.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=