Staffing (was interviewing, shoe-tying, tests, etc.)

Subject: Staffing (was interviewing, shoe-tying, tests, etc.)
From: Chris Hamilton <chamilton__ -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 06:10:08 -0800

One way to get to know people want to hire is to do a contract-to-hire
position, yet I haven't seen that mentioned.

Contract to hire gives both parties a chance to scope each other out
and make sure there's a good relationship before taking the next big
step. It's kind of like dating or engagement, if you think about it.

Aside from the fact that some people won't work contract to hire
because they can get a captive job, what's the drawback? Why would
this not work for me as a potential manager? I'm hoping to add staff
this year and I'm new at that process, so any wisdom would be
appreciated.

Thanks.
==

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=