ANOUNCEMENT: WinHelp & HtmlHelp training using RoboHELP

Subject: ANOUNCEMENT: WinHelp & HtmlHelp training using RoboHELP
From: "David A. VanAusdale, Citation Enterprises" <davidv -at- CONNECTNET -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 16:31:09 -0700

Hello Everyone

It is about time for our RoboHELP training roadshow to hit the trails again.
In that spirit, I have included our 1999 HTMLHelp & WinHelp using RoboHELP
training schedule through May.

We have added a optional third day devoted just to HTMLhelp. We look at the
advantages and differences between the two formats, including preparing the
help system to be called as context sensitive help.

To save a seat for one of these, please FAX in a registration form.

When I am traveling, The easiest way to contact me directly is by leaving a
message with my service at 800.413.7131. The service will then page me
almost anywhere in the US and I will return your call.

We also provide on-site training for companies with several RoboHELP users
or that require a more specialized course.

Thank you

David

HTMLHelp & WinHelp Training Seminars Using RoboHELP ®
Jan 19th - 21st Phoenix, AZ
Jan 26th - 28th Houston, TX
Feb 2nd - 4th Dallas, TX
Feb 9th - 11th Denver, CO
Feb 16th - 18th Portland, OR
March 2nd - 4th San Diego, CA
March 9th - 11th Los Angeles, CA
March 16th - 18th San Jose, CA
April 6th - 8th Phoenix, AZ
April 13th - 15th Oklahoma City
April 20th - 22nd St Louis, MO
April 28th - 30th Columbus, OH
May 4th - 6th Toronto, CD
May 18th - 20th Atlanta, GA

The course is broken in to three days to allow you to tailor the seminar to
your needs. Those newly entering this exciting field, and intermediate
users should consider starting with the first day, as the later days build
on skills learned the first day. Those very experienced in RoboHELP, but
wishing to update their knowledge of the latest version may start on the
second day. Those interested only in HTML help and experienced in Hypertext
design may attend only the third day.

The course will begin with the basic parts of a Windows based Hypertext
help/information system, so that you will not only know how to build one,
but how and why it works. RoboHELP 7 will be used to create a full featured
Windows compatible help system. On the second day, special emphasis will be
placed on using the new RoboHELP Explorer to create a TOC, Multilevel index,
and increase your productivity. The third day will be devoted to HTML help
systems, their advantages and limitations. Over the three days we will also
take a look at how the tools in WinHelp office can increase your users
access to the information presented, accelerate your development process
and smooth relations with application developers. We will cover not only
what you need now to create full featured hypertext systems, but also what
you will need in the future to stay on top of this fast changing field.

The three day seminars are held at Courtyard Marriott hotels. In order to
provide more individual instruction, attendance at each class, is limited to
12 students. Citation will provide each student a state-of-the-art computer
during training, training materials, and E-Mail technical support after the
class.

Instructor: David VanAusdale: With a background in programming, David was
an integral part of the Blue Sky Software Technical Support team for over
four years, assisting Blue Sky Software customers in effectively using
product features to achieve their goals. His expertise is widely recognized
as a result of his past participation in trade shows and speaking
engagements at user groups and conferences for Windows development. Clients
in the last three years of RoboHELP classes have included IBM Advantis,
AT&T, Cisco Systems, BlackBaud, MCI, Intuit, Blue Cross, and the U.S. Postal
Service.

Seminar Highlights

Day 1: Building a strong Hypertext foundation and understanding RoboHELP
7.
A complete understanding of the building blocks of Hypertext based systems:
Topics and their properties, types of links, Browse sequences, Build tags,
Tables, Macros, and Display Windows.
Making the best use of your existing Word documents and painlessly
integrating them into your Help/Information system.
Using graphics in your project. This includes what graphics work the best
and how to work around the others. Graphics will also be used as hot-spots
for jump, popup and macro links.
Understanding the WinHelp Contents (.cnt) file and how this may be used to
seamlessly link multiple help projects together.
Exploring alternate ways of formatting your data to increase the users
access and understanding.

Day 2: Advanced WinHelp and connecting to applications.
How to use RoboHELP 7's many features to increase your productivity when you
are creating Hypertext systems. These include testing, error checking,
creating multilevel indexes, and the new RoboHELP Explorer and how to use it
to it's maximum advantage.
Communication between the application and the help system: understanding map
files, using Aliases, and Training cards.
Using WinHelp Office's BugHunter to check and maintain the communication
between the application and the help system.
WinHelp 4 functions and features: Authorable buttons, A & K Links,
Multilevel Indexes, and the new macros.
Day 3: Moving to HTMLHelp and understanding it's differences.
Using RoboHELP HTML edition to create HTML based help systems and
understanding the differences between HTML and WinHelp based systems.
Using graphics in your HTML systems and creating Image maps to place
hot-spots on the graphics.
Creating the Table of Contents, Multilevel Indexes, Tables, Frames, Popup
and Secondary Windows.
Linking your help system to an application to display Context and What's
This help.
All the short cuts, tips, and tricks that I have learned in over five years
of using RoboHELP.

HTMLHelp & WinHelp Training Seminar Registration Form.

Registration is limited to 12 students, in each class, on a first come first
served basis, so early registration is suggested. Fax and E-Mail
registrations (with payment to follow) are accepted to reserve a place.
Return the completed registration form with your credit card information, a
Company Purchase Order, or a check made payable to Citation Enterprises.
For multiple students from the same company, call for details. If the class
is full you will be given the choice of going on the waiting list, or having
your check returned.
The registration fees are:
$ 495 for one day only.

$ 795 for two days.

$ 995 for the full three days.

Complete directions and class times will be sent with your confirmation
letter.

Name:

Company:

Address:

City/State/Zip:

Daytime Telephone:

Fax Telephone:

Class Date Desired:

Name on Credit Card:

Credit Card Number:

Card Expiration Date:

Type of Card:
(VISA or Master Card only please)
Registered students may send a replacement if they are unable to attend,
without any additional charges.
Students who cancel less than 14 days before the seminar will only have
their registration fee returned if a replacement student is found. If
Citation Computer Training finds the replacement, the registration fee will
be returned minus a %10 handling fee.
There are time when seminars are canceled. If a seminar is canceled for any
reason, Citation's liability is limited to the seminar registration fee.
Citation may not be held responsible for any other expenses.

Citation Computer Training
David A. VanAusdale
588 Deerhaven
El Cajon, CA 92019-1222
Voice Mail: (800) 413-7131 (Pages me anywhere in the US)
Phone: (619) 442-5512
Fax: (619) 442-5513
E-MAIL: davidv -at- connectnet -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=