Re: Protocol recommendation for e-mail

Subject: Re: Protocol recommendation for e-mail
From: Katherine Noftz Nagel <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 16:42:00 -0500

At 9:48 AM -0700 1/7/99, David Hailey wrote:

Hi everybody,

I would like to recommend that we as professional communicators begin a
protocol for the subject line of e-mail. Whenever we send private messages,
we should begin the subject line with the name of the addressee--(e.g.,
Subject: Dave--I need a quick answer to a question)

It might be useful for some folks, but I'll pass, thanks. The last three
spammers I spindled and mutilated used exactly that protocol to sucker me
into reading their garbage.

Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting Services Rochester NY
Technical writing/Editing/Document design/Web site planning

"The transformation of calories into words, of words into money,
and of money into calories again are the three basic cycles in a
freelance writer's metabolism." /Mary Kittredge, _Poison Pen_

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=