Re: FAQ Intranet site tips on visuals

Subject: Re: FAQ Intranet site tips on visuals
From: "Jeanne A. E. DeVoto" <jaed -at- JAEDWORKS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 12:38:42 -0800

At 12:02 PM -0800 1/7/99, Comeau, Lisa wrote:
>Anyone know if there have been any studies done on which fonts or styles of
>web pages are most easily read and understood?

In general, whatever font the user has selected will be the font they find
most readable. At least this is the way to bet.

You may want to set a font for some special purposes, particularly for
things like headings where some loss of readability will not make the
information completely inaccessible. But for running text where readability
is paramount, my advice is to refrain from screwing with the font at all.

--
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed -at- jaedworks -dot- com
http://www.jaedworks.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=