Re: FAQ Intranet site tips on visuals

Subject: Re: FAQ Intranet site tips on visuals
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 15:17:06 -0500

Lisa...

Over the last three days, I've been writing the summary of a recommendation to
be submitted to management on major-redoing of a set of documents. One of the
books I've been going to ALOT is the book by Karen Schriver, "Dynamics in
Document Design". One of it's strong points is its tremendous referencing
against proven/published sources to corroborate the content. Just an example,
the bibliography goes about 21 pages with roughly 40 credits per page (the book
is over 500 pages). It is copyrighted in '97, so it's relatively current. It's
available from Amazon.

One of the chapters you may find of interest is #5, "Seeing the Text: The Role
of Typography and Space". My favorite right now is Chapter 6; The Interplay of
Words and Pictures.

John Posada

It addresses both hardcopy documentation and web pages

--
John Posada, Technical Writer
Bellcore, where Customer Satisfaction is our number one priority

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish,
and he will sit in a boat and smoke cigars all day."
"The only perfect document I ever created is still on my hard drive."

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=