Summary - Figures - Captions and References?

Subject: Summary - Figures - Captions and References?
From: Kevin Feeman <Kevin_Feeman -at- HILL-ROM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 12:36:23 -0500

All:
As requested, I am posting a brief summary of what I received regarding
this issue. About half who responded stated that they used figure captions
and titles no matter what the instance. About 1/4 said that they did not
use figure captions and references at all if the figure was placed where it
was talked about in the text. The other 1/4 stated that they did not use
figure captions and references because, and I quote from one respondent,

I think they're a throwback to the time when it wasn't always possible to
have the figures in or near the location of the text where it was referred
to.

I still have yet to decide what I am going to do. Thanks for everyone that
responded and I appreciate the input.

Regards,
Kevin Feeman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=